overdue Debit balance of 20,000.Bank debits his saving account and adjusts OD ac. The bank is
said to have exercised Right of: Set-off
2. A Minor has extended Guarantee to a loan. It can be ratified by whom? It cannot be ratified by
3. A savings account becomes inoperative when it not operated for: 2 years
4. A term deposit of a HUF has become due. At the time of renewal, the Karta of HUF informs that
he has become Senior Citizen. What rate of interest will be given on term deposit? : Normal
interest rate. No benefit of senior citizen to be given
5. Additional interest is paid to senior citizens on which time FD: All fixed deposits (may vary from
bank to bank)
6. After Nomination in an account, what is the status of the nominee?: Trustee of legal heirs
7. An account of a customer can be closed in normal course on the request of the customer.
What are the other methods for closing account of a customer – (a) By negotiation; (b) As per
provisions of law; (c) After notice to customer in respect of undesirable accounts: Ans is C
8. An Illiterate person is generally not allowed to open which account – saving, term deposit,
recurring deposit, small account, Current Account: Current account.
9. As per RBI guidelines, Demand draft of Rs 50,000 and above should be issued against : by debit
to account but not against cash
10. As per RBI guidelines, minimum amount of deposit to open BSBDA account is: NIL
11. As per Sukanya Samridhi Account (SSA) the tenure of deposit is for years from the date of
opening of the account: 21 years
12. Bank is not required to produce original book of records but true copy can be submitted when
court has demanded as per which act? a) Civil procedure code b) Registration act c) B.R. Act d)
RBI act e) Banker Books Evidence Act.
13. Banker Customer relationship for deposits is ____: Debtor – Creditor.
14. Banker customer relationship in Safe Custody: Bailee Bailor.
15. Banker customer relationship in standing instruction: Agent – Principal
16. Bankers prefer Saving Deposits than Term deposits. Why?: Because cost of deposits for SB is
17. Banks can decide interest rates of NRI, NRO or Term Deposits: Yes
18. Banks can raise what type of deposits?: Term and Demand Deposits
19. Banks should have the responsibility of currency management entrusted to a nodal official of the
rank not less than that of a General Manager and will be accountable for the obligations cast
upon currency chests by the Reserve Bank.
20. BC work as : Bank’s Agent
21. Business Correspondent can be identified by whom?: BDO,Post Master, Head of Village
Panchayat, other BC.
22. Business correspondents for banking for : serving weaker sections of society
23. Call money deposit is part of the sector : Organised sector
24. Complaints under Consumer forum should be dealt with within (Where no testing of commodities
is required) : 90 days.
25. Customer OD A/c has overdrawn Rs 2000/-. Saving A/c has balance Rs 3000. The bank adjusts
the OD A/c by which right: Set off.
26. DD of Rs.50000/- in cash : not allowed
27. Death claim settlement in how many days?: 15 days
28. Deposits held in Joint accounts; b) Corporate Deposits; c)
Inter-Bank deposit; d) Deposits of HUFs: Ans is Inter-Bank deposits.
29. Deposits which are not claimed for__years are required to be transferred by banks to
RBI: 10 years
30. DICGC cover is available in which of the following cases a) Credit balance in Cash Credit Account
b) Overdue Deposit c) Deposit of Government Department?: A & B
31. Differential rate of interest can be paid on fixed deposit if single deposit is for: Rs.1.00 crore
32. Direct Tax Code will replace which of the following – Income Tax Act, Corporate Tax Act: Income
33. Encashment of FOR with interest – payment can be made in cash if it is less than Rs 20000
34. Financial Inclusion means: providing banking services at affordable cost to the poor/distressed.
35. FULL FORM OF CASA? : CURRENT ACCOUNT & SAVING ACCOUNT
36. Garnishee order is not applicable to: a) Savings b) Current c) FD d) CC/OD with debit
balance: CC/OD with debit balance.
37. Govt. has decided to demonetize all the coins of paise 25 and below w.e.f. 30-6-2011.
38. How much amount can be deposited in a small account in a financial year?: Rs one lac
39. How much amount can be withdrawn from a small account in a month?: Rs 10,000
40. If in Garnishee Order no amount is mentioned, what should the bank do? Full amount to be
41. If payment of Rs 20000/- is made in cash in case of FDR what is the penalty: equal to the
42. Illiterate account holder, how many witness for nomination: two
43. In Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account in all their accounts taken together and the total credit in
all the accounts taken together is not expected to exceed _____ in a year has been simplified to
enable those belonging to low income groups without documents of identity and proof of
residence to open banks accounts: 1,00,000/-.
44. In case Fixed Deposits account the rate of interest fixed by whom: Board of Directors of
45. In case of a/c transfer, with in how many days the address proof has to be submitted in the
transferee branch? Six Months
46. In case of an illiterate customer, process of nomination requires witnesses by how many
persons?: Thumb impression requires 2 witnesses.
47. In case of Deposit Insurance whether it mandatory or not: It is Mandatory for all banks.
48. In case of Deposit Insurance, Insurance premium is paid to DICGC by bank and depositor in
which ratio?: Entirely by bank.
49. In case of insurance of deposits by DICGC, premium is paid by: Bank. 100% of the premium
is paid by the bank and not by depositor.
50. In case of insurance of deposits by DICGC, what is the premium sharing ratio between bank and
depositor?: 100% of insurance premium is paid by the bank.
51. In case of Minor what is wrong? Minor can make himself liable for his actions.
52. IN CASE OF TRANSFER OF ACCOUNT, WITHIN HOW MANY DAYS, THE ACCOUNT HOLDER
SHOULD ADVISE NEW ADDRESS?: TWO WEEKS
53. In how many years of no transaction does a saving and current account become inoperative? :
54. In Limited liability Partnership what is the liability of partner?: Amount agreed to be
contributed by partner at the time of joining partnership.
55. In saving accounts, interest is calculated on the basis of: daily product basis.
56. In Senior Citizen Saving Scheme account, who can be joint account holder?:Spouse
57. In small accounts as per RBI- No min. balance, nil/minimal charges etc
58. In small accounts monthly withdrawals to be upto- Rs.10000/-
59. Insurance of deposit is done by DICGC up to: Rs 1 lac per depositor per bank.
60. Interest rate on Saving Deposit is decided by : Banks individually
61. Interest rate on Savings accounts: Not regulated by RBI
62. Max amt for tax saver FD: Rs 150000
63. Maximum amount of deposit in Tax Saving Scheme of the bank can be: Rs 1,50,000
64. Maximum deposit for allocating a locker: 3 year advance rent plus locker breaking charges
65. Maximum period of NRE deposit: Bank Discretion.
66. Minimum and Maximum amount that can be deposited in PPF account is _____: Minimum Rs.
500/- & Maximum Rs. 1.50 lacs.
67. Minimum Lock in period for Tax saver FDR: 5 Years
68. Minimum Maturity Period for Certificate of Deposit is : 7 days
69. Missing person treated as having expired if missing for: 7 years
70. No Frills Accounts are opened for: Financial Inclusion
71. No of digits in Aadhar : 12
72. Non Resident (External) fixed deposit is normally accepted for a period of (a) 1 year to 3 year
(b) 1year to 5 year (c) 1 year to 4 year (d) 1 year to 7 year (e) 6 months to 3 year: 1 year to 3
year (As per RBI it is minimum 1 year and maximum bank discretion)
73. OD in PMJDY account upto: Rs. 5,000/-.
74. On a cheque presented for payment, amount is written in words but all other items are written in
Regional Language. What should the bank do?: Pay the cheque
75. Pensioner account can be opened jointly with? Spouse as Either of Survivor or Former or
76. Rate of Interest in Sukanya Samridhi Account for 2015-16: 9.20% & 8.6% FOR 2016-17
77. Relation between bank and judgment debtor: debtor & creditor.
78. Safe custody of Articles comes under which Act: Indian Contract Act.
79. Star series note can be issued in denomination of Rs 100 also. (earlier only Rs 10, 20 & 50)
80. Super senior citizen after: 80 years of age
81. The balance in the account is Rs 15000. A cheque of Rs 30000 was sent for collection. Before it
is realized a cheque for Rs 20000 has been presented for payment. What should the bank do –
(a) Return with reason effects not yet cleared. Present again; (b) Pay the cheque; (c) Return
with reason exceeds arrangement; (d) Return with reason Refer to Drawer; (e) Return with
reason Insufficient Funds: Insufficient Funds
82. The minimum & maximum period of certificate of deposit is : 7 days, 12 months
83. There is a credit balance in the saving account and there is a overdraft in the current account
amounting to Rs 555. Both accounts are in the same name. Bank wants to adjust credit balance
of saving bank account towards payment of overdraft. As per which right, bank can do this?:
Right of Set Off.
84. Under Sukanya Samridhi Account (SSA) the maximum period upto which the deposits can be
made is for ___ years from the date of opening of the account: 14 years
85. Under Sukanya Samridhi Account (SSA) the minimum amount of deposit is Rs 1,000 and Under
Sukanya Samridhi Account (SSA), the bank account will be opened for a girl child upto the age
of: 10 years
86. Under Sukanya Samridhi Account (SSA), the current rate of interest on deposits is which is the
highest amongst all other Govt. Saving Schemes: 9.20% & 8.6% FOR 2016-17
87. What are the Service charges for using ATMs of other banks for balance enquiries: Rs.20 for
Financial & Rs. 10 for Non- Financial upto 5 transactions ( 3 at Metros)
88. What documents are required for opening a small account?: Self attested photo and address
89. What is the bankers-customer relationship in case of deposits? Debtor – Creditor
90. What is the distance criteria for office of Business Correspondent?: The distance between the
place of business of a retail outlet/sub-agent of BC and the base branch should ordinarily not
exceed 30 kms in rural, semi-urban and urban areas and 5 kms in metropolitan centers.
91. What is the maximum amount of loan that can be granted against FCNR deposit? No limit.
92. What is the periodicity of review of risk classification of customers?: Every six months
93. What is the rate of interest payable on an overdue FD for overdue period if customer demands
payment and does not renew the same?: Saving Bank Rate
94. What is the special feature of Basic banking Account? Account can be opened with nil or very
small amount and there are no requirement of minimum balance.
95. What type of account can be opened in the name of NRI jointly with residents? NRO /NRE/FCNR
(earlier only NRO)
96. What type of activity can be performed by Business Correspondent – (a) processing and
submission of applications to banks; (b) disbursal of small value credit, (c) recovery of principal /
collection of interest (iv) collection of small value deposits: All of these
97. When a person wants to open an account with a bank but does not have proof of identification
and address, what type of account can be opened?: Small account
98. When Letter of Administration issued: When the person dies without leaving the Will- Intestate.
99. Whether “WILL” has to be registered? Not required.
100. Which form is used for cancellation of nomination in deposit accounts?: DA -2
101. Which is not a proof of Identity?: Ration card.
102. Which is the most important document for opening a Trust Account?: Trust Deed
103. Which of the following forms will be used for allowing exemption to a depositor aged 61 years
: Form 15 H
104. Which of these rates are periodically reviewed by RBI?: Repo rate, Bank rate, but not Savings
105. While opening account, a bank, in addition to observing various provisions of Indian Contract
Act should also – exercise utmost care and attention; look at profitability from account; exercise
due diligence: Due diligence
106. While opening the account with a bank, prospective customer is required to submit – PAN No
or Form 60 or 61
107. Who are eligible for preferential rate of interest under NRE deposits: a) Staff b) Senior citizen
c) Staff cum Senior Citizen d) none of these?: None of these
108. Who can do nomination in the account of a Minor?: Can be done by guardian not by
109. Who of the following can exercise nomination – HUF, limited company, trust, Partnership firm,
sole proprietorship firm?: Sole Proprietorship firm.